Thank you for your involvement and support of the Westgate PTA! Please follow these instructions to receive any expense reimbursements or submit a deposit. If you have any questions, please reach out to current Westgate PTA Treasurer – Samme Nowakowski at email@example.com
Please be a good steward of our PTA budget. The smarter we spend, the further our resources stretch to fund as many rewarding activities as possible for the Westgate community.
- Committee purchases are reimbursed by the Treasurer and deducted from your budget. Always obtain a receipt. Since the PTA is a 501C3, it is sales tax exempt. Show and use the tax exempt letter prior to your purchase. Sales tax is not able to be reimbursed, except in the following cases:
- Sam’s Club and Costco – The tax exempt letter cannot be used; however the savings offset the tax in most cases.
- smile.amazon.com – The tax exempt structure is set up in a way that only PTA administration has the tax exemption. Therefore, we will reimburse taxes for Amazon only if you use smile.amazon.com supporting the PTA. For any larger purchases, please contact Westgate PTA Treasurer – Samme Nowakowski at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase using our PTA Amazon account.
Most purchases do not need to be pre-approved by the PTA President, Purchases $25 or more exceeding your approved committee budget will need to be discussed and voted on at a PTA General Board Meeting.
The PTA has a printer, copy, laminator and a limited inventory of office supplies. Please leverage those before spending extra funds for these purposes.
Please keep a record of your expenses and manage your committee’s budget.
- Fill out the expense reimbursement form.
- Attach all receipts.
- Sales tax is not reimbursed except as noted above. Please use the tax exempt letter whenever possible.
- Sign the form where applicable and indicate how the reimbursement should be delivered.
- Deliver form and receipts to the PTA office mailbox in the Westgate main office, via email to email@example.com or directly to Westgate PTA Treasurer – Samme Nowakowski.
- Complete the deposit record form.
- The form must be filled out and signed by the authorized person for all deposits, and it must contain two signatures. The Westgate PTA Treasurer can count as a second signature only if both parties are present when counting money.
- Please contact the Westgate PTA Treasurer – Samme Nowakowski at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for the exchange of check, cash or coin. With the appropriate Deposit Record form, checks can be placed in the PTA mailbox in the main office. Cash is not allowed in the PTA mailbox in the main office or PTA office.